In September of 1887 Plymouth Congregational Church, located on the west side of the Grand River, organized a Sunday School on the east side of the Grand River in order to reach the families on the east side of Lansing. It was called the “Plymouth Sunday School Branch”. It was first located in a storefront on Larch St. and then in a school house, also on Larch. The attendance grew and prospered and in December 1892 the members agreed to move forward with becoming a separate church—know to most as Pilgrim Congregational Church.
Pilgrim joined the newly formed United Church of Christ in 1959.
Videographer and Technician